Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Culture shock!

I was given the course description of one of courses where it was mentioned :

  1. Exams. There will be three examinations. They will be closed book, no cheat sheet, no formula list. Calculators are allowed. They will be cumulative but will emphasize most recent material. The schedule is shown below:

Exam 1 (50 minutes): 10/09/06

Exam 2 (50 minutes): 11/13/06

Exam 3 (100 minutes): 12/16/06 (10:30-12:30, SAT)

Then I thought "what an exam on 10 september!" it is already 7th



...then realised it was 10 october not 10 september.....here it was my first "culture shock"



2 comments:

Intrepid traveller's dairy said...

The exact thing happened to me on Friday..in my Stats class...The course outline was given and I misinterpretted october to be september 10th....and I was wondering how I could prepare for a 5chapter test within 2 days..that too on my first weekend...it really scared me..

Anonymous said...

you are still british!