Tuesday, September 12, 2006

5

Once in IIT I remember when I looked at myself in the mirror, which happens once in a blue moon, that I had a few stitches between my eyebrow and eyes symmetrically positioned. Btw, I was reading about symmetry operations in my physics class and was checking out the symmetry in my face.

here goes the five :

1

I dont remember this incident though.It happened when i was less than 2 yrs old. Until then I had been thinking I had only one set of stitches between my eye and eyebrow. I had held amma's pallu and tripped over and fell on sharp protrusion.

2
This is the one i clearly remember. We were playing cricket nearby our house. I was only 4 yrs old so wasnt allowed bat or bowl. I was expected to only field. I am a sort of guy who wants to be invovled always so started going closer and closer to the batsman.I went so close that the guy swinged his bat with full force and it hit my face right above my eyes.Blood started oozing from the wound. I still remember the way the water turned red when tried to clean the wound before it was gonna be stitched. I also remember my brother getting a verbal thrashing for not looking after me while the play was going on.

3
I used to think I was a big hero in my childhood days courtesy chiru movies. I tried to jump from the top of slide and landed directly on my face, right near the mouth part which rendered me to eat only liquid food for the next few weeks.

4
This happened in IIT when I was hit by a cricket ball right next to my nose and it swelled like hell.Again had to follow a liquid diet for a few weeks as it hurt my gums pretty badly.

5
this again due to cricket ball bowled at 135 kph right in the middle of Saaranf our cult fest. It was thankfully just a cut and no swelling occured as it missed my teeth once again by just a whisker.I was wearing a bandage through out the Saarang though.

2 comments:

Intrepid traveller's dairy said...

Wow...you share a special chemistry with cricket...yur 3rd incident reminded me of something I did...once in a week I used to see Shaktiman.One afternoon when I was coming back from school,I wanted to do a stunt.When the rickshaw was moving,I decided to jump of from it.I landed flat on the road with my bag on the back...bruised both knees and elbows...uniform covered in dirt and had traces of blood.The rickshaw walla was shocked :D...

half an hour later I was at the doctors clinic waiting to get my tetanus shot and I was unable to walk...

Anonymous said...

hmm...for me, it's all happened on my rides. courtesy: my cycle and bikes :)