Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I support ban on crying.....read on

check out one of the letters to the editor in today's Hindu

Ban crying

If scenes of smoking should be banned from being screened on television and in movies because of their ill effects on health, television soaps in various regional channels should also be banned because of their dangerous effects on emotional health. If my mother does not want me to see my favourite actor smoking or drinking alcohol because I may start smoking or drinking, I do not want my mother to watch screen mothers crying all the time because she may become emotionally weak and start crying for everything. Just as parents are concerned about the content and quality of serials and movies their teenagers watch, we the teenagers are also concerned about the content of the serials they watch.

R.L. Narayan,
Bangalore

No comments: