Sunday, November 13, 2005

The story of A CUTE ANGLE



I checked out my school photos yesterday.Generally started remembering various incidents at school.This incident 'ignited' my love for maths.It goes like this....

In my V class the Math teacher (Girija Madam) was teaching types of angles. She wrote on board:


Three types of angles:
1.Acute angle
2.Obtuse angle
3.Right angle

I read Acute angle as A CUTE ANGLE :D , then I thought mathematicians were truly imaginative!!

To top it all off we had a Unit test where most of the angles were ACUTE and I wrote all of them as A CUTE angle. Finally I ended up with 2/20. I went and met the teacher telling her that I took ACUTE as A CUTE ..she started laughing....she told me "No problem if u score above 90 in the half yearly I won't consider this test'...you see my father is a gold medalist in Bsc Math and my bro used to get 100% in every math exam...If I go home and show these marks they would tease the hell out of me!!so to salvage some pride I started preparing for my half-yearly Math exam.

I remember when she came and whispered in my year during the morning assemly, the day when she distributed the papers, "Raghuram you have scored above 90"....I was spellbound with joy!!She gifted me a pen to mark the occasion.

5 comments:

Sreejith Narayanan said...

hmmm... getting nostalgic eh?

Marvin said...

you too were getting nostalgic na.....during the last two posts and the dusherra memoirs....

Anonymous said...

hey!!! I got pens too.. mine wer green and yellow... the ones that were considered coolest were balck and red na??? we had classes together right??

Sreejith Narayanan said...

Hey man, I have tagged u.. please chk out my blog

Marvin said...

Ya I remeber Nisha..whoever scored above 90 used to get a pen from Girija madam and C and D sections used to have classes together....In fact I met Sandeep in one of the math classes for the first time..