Thursday, November 03, 2005

Giving up.....




As my favourite episode of The Wonder Years goes:
Kevin arnold (Thinking, background piano recital)



"When you are a little kid you are a little bit of everything.... Artist,scientist,athlete,scholar...
sometimes it seems like growing up is a process of giving those things up one by one..
I guess we all have one one thing we regret giving up, one thing we really miss, we gave up because we were too lazy or we couldn't stick it out or because we were afraid."

In my case it was badminton, which I gave up after three years of intense practice from VI-VIII under one of the coaches of Railways.I couldn't get through the school team as I wasn't one of the favourites of the PT teacher.Consequently,I gave up as all the three years of my fight had gone down the drain.This is the one thing I would regret for whole of my life.The coach loved me very much for my sincerity , as i used to be more regular than railway sportsmen.

my daily schedule used to be:
wake up at 5:30
report to ground @6 for stamina training
come back by 7:15 and get ready for school..
come back from school by 3:30 and go for practice @4 ...
practice till 7 in the evening ...then come back home..

I literally lost touch in these years with my friends in the neighbourhood, which also contributed me giving up badminton.I was seriously let down by the attitude shown by the PT teacher and took this drastic step.

This is the one thing I regret giving up...

No comments: