Sunday, November 12, 2006

Uncomfortable silences

I watched 3 movies in the past week .Out of the three movies, Black Hawk down, Seven years in Tibet and Pulp Fiction, the movie which I loved the most was pulp fiction.Now it is one of my favourite movies.I loved a dialogue in particular,
which goes like :


Mia
: Don't you hate that?
Vincent: What?
Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable?
Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence.




I feel that a mark of a close friend is when he gets to know what you are trying to convey in 'comfortable silence' which is conveyed by this quote :

Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say.

Pulp Fiction is a must watch movie and I don't why I didn't watch it for such a long time.

Black hawk down is a really long movie with not much of a story.Loved the quote at the start of the movie :

Only the dead have seen the end of the war.

Plato

Seven years in Tibet has a really nice story with good performances by Brad Pitt and the kid acting as Dalai Lama.The main theme of the movie is how a person from a western civilization, where(according to the movie) being at the top is the most important thing, confronts Budhism, where controlling one's ego is the most important thing, and undergoes a change in the outlook towards his life.

2 comments:

NightWatchmen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Intrepid traveller's dairy said...

Out of all the ones you have mentioned...I saw 7 years in Tibet and I really liked it...Saw it 2 years ago...