Sunday, February 26, 2006

movies I watched recently...


I watched the following movies in the past few days....
Goodnight and good luck, Hazaaroon kwaishein aisi and motorcycle diaries ...(the links will lead to imdb profile of the movies)
all the three had some relation with politics ....loved each one of the movies....especially the last one..it is based on Che Guvera...how a motorcycle trip across 8000 miles changes him ....
I was shocked initially that someone will take a trip of 8000 miles, i.e. across a continent on a motorcycle in 1953!!
This is one thing I love about foreigners..they travel a lot.....I met a German who just graduated on a train journey(from Hyd to Kolkatta in II class sleeper)....he mentioned to me that they travel a lot after they cross a milestone in their education career...he told after he finished his XII he travelled across Europe..after he graduated he was on a trip to Asia...China, India, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Maldives...he started in Feb from germany...will hopefully return by Oct to his homeland..all from his own savings...He told me that he will be broke by the time he reaches Germany..

here are a few quotes from the movie:
Ernesto Guevara de la Serna: How is it possible to feel nostalgia for a world I never knew?
---------------------------
Ernesto Guevara de la Serna: What do we leave behind when we cross each frontier? Each moment seems split in two; melancholy for what was left behind and the excitement of entering a new land.

Ernesto Guevara de la Serna: This isn't a tale of heroic feats. It's about two lives running parallel for a while, with common aspirations and similar dreams.

Ernesto Guevara de la Serna: What we had in common - our restlessness, our impassioned spirits, and a love for the open road.

Ernesto Guevara de la Serna: Wandering around our America has changed me more than I thought. I am not me any more. At least I'm not the same me I was.

Miner's Wife: Are you two looking for work?
Ernesto Guevara de la Serna: No, we aren't looking for work.
Miner's Wife: No?... Then why are you traveling?
Ernesto Guevara de la Serna: We travel just to travel.
Miner's Wife: Bless you... Blessed be your travels.

yesterday while coming from ascendas me and my friends were discussing about movies.....and most of them I havent seen yet........there are such a hell lot of great movies which im yet to see :((...thus, I embarked on a mission...to watch 2 movies everyday..:D

No comments: